When should I see a dermatologist?
When it comes to keeping your body healthy and beautiful, the most valuable tool is you. With a few proactive steps and a good dermatologist you can maintain your skin, hair, and nails for life. But what are the proper steps to take, and what warning signs should you be looking for that could signal a serious problem?
The skin is your body’s largest organ, and requires a healthy lifestyle and occasional examination to keep it working properly and looking its best. If you think you may have any of the following markings, consult a dermatologist. Our providers are trained to diagnose a range of issues and can provide proper treatment and peace of mind.
- Moles (especially ones that change shape or color)
- Lines, wrinkles, spots, or lesions
- Spider and varicose veins
- Warts or cysts
- Red, scaly, or itchy skin
- Broken blood vessels
- New or unexplained growths
Sometimes a bad hair day can be cause for concern. Consider checking with our dermatologic professionals for treatment and relief if you notice any of the following:
- Red, scaly, or itchy rash on scalp
- Hair loss
- Excessive hair growth
- Dry, itchy scalp or dandruff
The appearance of your nails tells us a lot, as they are an indicator of your general health. Ask us about any of the following symptoms:
- Color or shape changes
- Swelling of surrounding skin
- Ingrown nails
- White or black lines
- Dents or ridges
- Fungal or bacterial infections
- Tumors, warts, or other growths